Stuffed Peppers with Ground Beef & Yogurt
- 6 large red peppers
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 2 onions
- 5 tbsp Krinos extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 250 g diced tomatos
- 350 g Krinos plain greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat olive oil in medium to high heat. When the oil is hot add the garlic and onion, sauté until golden.
- Add ground beef along with oregano, salt, pepper and tomatoes. Stir well for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and let cook for 15 minutes on medium heat. Once the water is absorbed, remove from heat, add yogurt and mix well.
- Meanwhile, remove stems from the peppers leaving a small part attached to the pepper to use as a lid.
- Stuff the peppers with the mix and place them in tray. Any remainng mix can be placed between the peppers.
- Add two cups of water in the tray. Cook for 1 hour at 400F. For the first 40 minutes cover the tray with aluminum foil, remove foil for the last 20 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Krinos